Friday 28 November 2014

Why are we Here?

Sometimes I think what life is really all about? It is about surviving in the world where the fittest wins? Is it about being in a race to first accumulate money, power and fame? Is it about building mansions, owning luxurious cars and having a life full of royal touch? Or is it about others, not me? Is it about feeding the poor, serving the needy? Is it about giving yourself all away for the sake of others? And in this dilemma for ‘myself’ or ‘others’, where do our relatives fit? Where do our parents, siblings, spouse and children fit in? Are we also supposed to live for them?
 
And what is this world all about? Is it a mere aggregation of professional, personal and social life? Or is there something more to it? Are we here to just conquer it, or is there some other reason for its existence?

I ask these questions to myself in silence. And every time, every time when these questions pop up, one thought that comes from inside is, we have all taken the world for wrong! We have just not understood what we are here for and why this world exists for us!

I don’t know the true answers to these questions, but I would prefer to share what I feel from within.

I feel that our real journey is not outer but inner, within us! I feel that we are not here to conquer the world, accumulate money, power or fame or live for ‘ourselves’ or ‘others’; instead we are here for traveling our inner journey until we become one with the one. I feel that the outer world and all its situations- poverty, money, hunger or power- are mere tools for us to progress within. Actually I feel that the outer world doesn’t really exists! I feel it’s an illusion perceivable only by our own minds. 

Sometimes I go even deeper to think about what happens after death. I am really curious to talk to the soul of someone who has left the world, for I know that soul knows the truth, for I know that soul can see all of us living in this illusory world and fighting the unreal battles, for I know that soul has now become aware of the real world after its death from our world.

A world where only souls dwell, merged with yet separate from the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment